Better than a sweater sleeve

I actually did knit one sleeve of the February Lady sweater the other night like I said I would. But I got something even more exciting than a whole basket full of sweater sleeves! Say hi to Isabel (please ignore the messy living room floor behind her!!!)


She's so amazing! I have wanted a spinning wheel for so many years. Isabel (named by her first owner, you can't change that stuff!) is an Ashford Kiwi. Single Drive, Scotch Tension, absolutely beautiful. She had a custom paint job, as you can see. That may or may not stay, but for right now I'm perfectly happy!


I've spun on a drop spindle a little bit here and there. I always enjoyed it, but never got into plying with it because it was very cumbersome to me, and frustrating. I cannot wait to fill my second bobbin on Isabel and ply! I also joined Craftsy Unlimited so that I could do a beginner spinning class. I'll start the class tonight.

If you have never heard of Craftsy, you really should poke around the site. Its the coolest thing. You can purchase classes on almost anything you can imagine! You watch the videos, get class materials, and can ask the instructor questions. Best of all, you own the class after you buy it, and can watch it again and again and again. This may not be true for Craftsy Unlimited, but I haven't looked into the exact details yet.  I'll let you know about the class when I'm done with it.

Do you have a wheel? What one? Any tips? Tricks? Advice? Leave it in the comments please!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kids silk flower project

Living in Northern New England, we have our fair share of the cold winter season. There comes a point, particularly when it's been a ve...

Past Posts