Spinning out of control

I am like a woman possessed I tell you! I have been to a local fiber shop three times in 5 days to purchase fiber. I am having such a great time with the Kiwi. I still have another sweater sleeve to knit, but I'm not thinking about that right now. Want to see some of the lovely work I've done?

These were my very first ever singles spun on a wheel

I plyed them into my first ever two ply spun on a wheel

I also did a small amount amount of Navajo plying, which I actually liked doing a LOT.


That was when I had to make my first trip to the shop, for more fiber and another bobbin.  I got a lovely bag of BFL in beautiful colors and tried to make a striped 2 ply. It didn't come out striped, but that's okay. There is about 130 yards here and I couldn't be happier.



Another trip to the shop got me a beautiful bag of fiber, with 4 oz each of four colors. Two colors are straight Coriedale , one has some kid mohair in there, and the other has some angora blended with it! I am only working with the straight wool balls right now. Trying for some long striping yarn. My attempt to Navajo ply was kind of a disaster. I can't talk about it yet, but I will tell you another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kids silk flower project

Living in Northern New England, we have our fair share of the cold winter season. There comes a point, particularly when it's been a ve...

Past Posts