Kids silk flower project

Living in Northern New England, we have our fair share of the cold winter season. There comes a point, particularly when it's been a very cold, snowy, wet, or all of the above winter, when we are all dreaming of colors and flowers and spring. On a particularly snowy snow day I had to stop at our local Dollar Store for some items. While I was in there I saw those foam squares used for floral arrangements, and the silk flower isle. Inspiration struck and I bought about six different flowers and a package of the foam.
My girls are all about crafts so I was greeted with much enthusiasm when I arrived home. Both girls wanted to make flower arrangements for their teachers.
I used my wire cutters to cut their chiice of flowers to their specified lengths, and let them do their thing! After they had poked their flowers into the foam  just how they wanted, I took my glue gun and put a drop on the flower stems to help them stay down.

We choose to use some wide strips of tulle to wrap around and hide the foam. I used the glue gun to attach it. But I think it would be really fun to precut the foam to fit inside a small flower pot before making the arrangements. Then you could tie a pretty ribbon or tulle bow around the pots. We will certainly try this craft again soon. The teachers were so happy to have a little color in the classrooms that day and the girls both felt very crafty indeed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kids silk flower project

Living in Northern New England, we have our fair share of the cold winter season. There comes a point, particularly when it's been a ve...

Past Posts