Long draw... Learning curve

The long draw method of drafting creates a Woolen yarn that is area fluffier and warmer then a worsted draft method like short forward. When I watched people doing the long drive before I had my wheel it looked a little intimidating. It looked like it would require a lot of rhythm and controlling the speed of not only your feet but both of your hands independent of each other.

Since I've tried it out I realized all that is true! But it's not something to be intimidated by, it's actually super fun, and you just feel it, and you adjust what your doing, and you keep going and eventually you've spun up eight ounces of wool and you are totally hooked! Lol

Remember when I told you about craftsy? There are a few classes on spinning that helped me so much! You should consider trying out the unlimited subscription or simply purchasing a class a la cart. You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kids silk flower project

Living in Northern New England, we have our fair share of the cold winter season. There comes a point, particularly when it's been a ve...

Past Posts