What else do I use castile soap for

I know I've mentioned castile soap, and how I've only used it to make my laundry soap so far. But I have been very interested in using it more. So this isn't the most exciting DIY project, but I'm really happy about this hand soap. I work in a healthcare setting, and if I didn't wash my hands like a crazy person before I came here, I certainly do now! You know what that means for your hands, right? You know...dry, cracked, painful. No matter what soap I buy, its not pretty. There isn't enough hand creams in the world to combat the dryness that comes with all that soap. But now, I don't need them!

I saved a foaming hand soap dispenser for my first experiment with using castille soap as hand wash. But I did end up buying another so that I could have a bottle with me at work as well. You can find lots of them on Amazon, or at walmart.com.

I poured a quarter cup of Dr. Bronner's all-in-one castile soap (I used Lavender for the one at home, Peppermint for the one at work.) and filled the rest of the bottle with distilled water. (its really important not to use tap water, bacteria will grow in there before you can say "I love this hand soap!") I shook the mixture up really well and that was it.

The castile soap, I found out, has natural glycerin in it, which is a great product for helping lock in moisture. After using this at home and at work for a week I can promise you that your hands will not fill like sandpaper anymore from too much washing! You might even save money on hand creams since you won't be drowning your hands in them every half hour.

I'd love to know what you all think of castile soap and how you use it in your life. Does anyone wash their hair with it? I'm dying to try that. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just found you from one of the Ravelry blogging groups. :) Nice to "meet" you.

    I LOVE castile soap! Yes, I wash my hair with it. I started with that because we used to live aboard a sailboat, and it was impractical to have a zillion different bottles of soaps, shampoos and cleaners for different purposes. Plus it is really hard to find an organic shampoo that doesn't have a lot of extra junk in it and works well. Castile soap is great on both counts.

    I also use it to wash just about everything else in my home. Our winter wardrobes are mostly wool, and it can be trusted for washing all our delicate clothes. I stopped needing to buy stain removers because it works really well for getting stains out. I wash our dishes with it too.

    I could write an article along the lines of "Best 272 Reasons to Use Castile Soap" -- I'm definitely a huge fan.

    Hopefully you won't need hand cream any more, but if you do, coconut oil is an amazing substitute.

    ReplyDelete

Kids silk flower project

Living in Northern New England, we have our fair share of the cold winter season. There comes a point, particularly when it's been a ve...

Past Posts